I had the opportunity to be a technical reviewer on the Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 Cookbook.
Here is the cover, link to the book and some more information about it:
- About the authors:
- Overview of the Book:
Microsoft Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) is a management solution for the virtualized datacenter, enabling Administrators to configure and manage their virtualization host, networking, and storage resources in order to create and deploy virtual machines and services to private clouds.
Covering the VMM 2012 SP1 and Windows 2012 features, architecture design, deloyment planning this book is full of tips, techniques and solutions. It will guide to create, deploy and manage your own Private Cloud with a mix of Hypervisors: Hyper-V, Vmware ESXi and Citrix XenServer.
- VMM Architecture and planning for a real word deployment
- Network Virtualization, Gateway integration, Storage integration, Resource Throttling, Availability options
- Operations Manager (SCOM) deployment and integration with VMM
- SC APP Controller (SCAC) deployment and integration with VMM to manage Private and Public Cloud (Azure)
- Cluster deployment with VMM Bare Metal
- Create and deploying Virtual Machines from Templates
- Deploy an High Available VMM Management Server
- Managing Hyper-V, Vmware and Citrix from VMM
- Upgrade from SCVMM 2008R2 to SCVMM 2012 SP1
- Monitoring VMware with Veeam Management Pack