~ How to Configure System Center Essentials 2010 ~
We already covered How to install System Center Essentials 2010 (SCE2010) in part 1:
It has been a while as I had to find the time to draft this post. In part 2 we will cover basic configuration of SCE2010. As you already know SCE2010 is a combination of several System Center products so there are a fair amount of settings that need to be configured. When you first open up SCE2010 a wizard opens that you use to configure it. Here is the list of what is in the initial configuration:
- Group Policy Settings (Use Local or Domain Group Policy)
- Computer Discovery (A scheduled job that adds new computers to SCE2010.)
- Email Notifications (What email server and account is used to send out notifications.)
- Proxy Server
- Monitoring Configuration
- Error Monitoring and Forwarding
- Microsoft Updates (Update Languages, Update Classifications, and Update Deployment)
Here is a screenshot of the initial configuration wizard.
In this post we will basically go through the options in the wizard and some other basic settings you may want to configure.