Welcome to my technology blog. My name is Steve Buchanan and I’ve been in Information Technology for over 17 + years. My interests in computers started in my senior year of high school when I landed a position building computers/servers for a small computer company. Today I am a Regional Solutions Director for Concurrency, author, and a five-time Microsoft MVP. I consider myself a technology generalist who enjoys architecting solutions that solve business problems. Recently I have been focused on digital transformation of IT departments through DevOps, service management, systems management, and cloud technologies. The more and more I work with cloud the more I realize how much of a misconception there is out there on what cloud is. Here is how I like to position cloud in terms of what it really is:
I have an Associate in Applied Science degree as a Network Support Specialist and a Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology. I am an MVP in Cloud and Datacenter Management (System Center/OMS/Azure Stack) and hold the following certifications: A +, Linux +, MCP, MCSA, MCITP: Server Administrator, MCSE: Private Cloud, and MCTS: (Hyper-V, SharePoint 2007, SharePoint 2010, Exchange 2007), ITIL Foundation. I have presented at technical conferences including Microsoft Ignite, O’reilly Open Source Convention (OSCON), and Midwest Management Summit (MMS).
On this blog site you will find my thoughts, ideas, and tip’s about technology. In my current role I work mainly with Microsoft products. The Microsoft technologies I work with the most are Azure, OMS, PowerShell, the entire System Center Stack (Service Manager, Data Protection Manager, Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Orchestrator, Virtual Machine Manager), Azure Pack, Azure Stack, IIS, Microsoft TMG, Hyper-V, SharePoint, Skype for business, Remote Desktop Services, and Exchange. When working with small business and for my own projects I work more with Open-Source products such as Linux, SugarCRM, Drupal, WordPress, and OpenEMR. On my blog you will find a mix of posts around Open-Source and Microsoft technologies.
If you have questions about this website or are interested in having me write for your publication feel free to contact me.
Email, Skype, or Twitter me by clicking one of the links below.
Other places you can catch me blogging:
- Minnesota System Center User Group: http://www.mnscug.org/blogs/steve-buchanan
- Concurrency: http://www.concurrency.com/blog/author/sbuchanan
- Mindsharp: http://sharepoint.mindsharpblogs.com/steve
- myITforum: http://myitforum.com/myitforumwp/author/sbuchanan
- MSDN Profile: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/Buchatech
- TechNet Profile: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/profile/buchatech
- Microsoft Channel 9 Profile: https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Speakers/steve-buchanan
- Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/steve.buchanan
Places I have been featured:
- Cherwell’s 25 IT Service Management Experts to Watch in 2017
- Featured on Mary Jo Foley‘s IT Unity Community column (petri.com)
NOTE: The views and opinions on this blog site are my own and are not that of my employer.