I am excited to be a part of another Learn Live series. This study hall is all about Azure core IaaS. In this series, we will walk through how to build infrastructure solutions with Azure IaaS services and products. This twenty two-part weekly series will answer your questions live and walk through how to build infrastructure solutions with Azure IaaS services and products.
In the study hall sessions, together with you live, we will work through Microsoft Learn modules focused on various IaaS scenarios in Azure. You can see all of the sessions in this study hall series here:
Learn Live: Azure Core IaaS Study Hall – Events | Microsoft Learn
The series has a solid lineup of speakers from Microsoft and the community! And I will be co-delivering a session focused on Linux on Azure and the 2nd topic will be on open-source database migration on Azure.
Here is a complete description of my session:
Discover the unique benefits of running Linux on Azure, and how to run Linux-based applications and workloads in the cloud with Azure. Then you’ll learn about the issues and considerations for migrating on-premises open-source databases to Azure, the services Azure provides to help you migrate your databases, and how to plan a migration. In this episode, you will:
- Differentiate between Linux on Azure infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) computing, and the value of each
- Describe Azure tools and services that bring additional value to Linux workloads
- Explain the components of Linux virtual infrastructure in Azure, and the role of Microsoft in supporting different Linux distributions
- Describe the features and services available in Azure for hosting an open-source database
- Explain the key considerations for implementing a migration project
- Describe different approaches that you can take for migrating databases
This event will be on March 30, 2023, at 10:00AM – 11:30AM (Pacific).