I have seen some questions on how to manually update DPM agent version in a few DPM forums.
DPM has been upgraded but the Protected Server Agents have not been upgraded. In the DPM administrator console you do not have an option to upgrade the agent because the option is “greyed out”.
- Run the new version of DPMAgentInstaller.exe on the Protected Server.
- Go to the Protected Server
- Open a command prompt (open command prompt in elevated mode as administrator)
- UNC to your DPM server from the protected server
The Path is:
(32Bit) – %systemdrive%:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Agents\RA\UPDATED VERSION\i386
(64Bit) – %systemdrive%:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Agents\RA\ UPDATED VERSION \AM64
- Run DpmAgentInstaller.exe <DPM server name>
That should do it now your DPM agent version will be updated.