There is a new book on Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager coming soon.
This book will cover the following:
- Install SQL before considering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Set up security so administrators can’t see or touch each other’s machines
- Use the new System Center 2012 Configuration Manager features to set up monthly patching
- Create applications, deploy them, enforce them, and monitor them
- Create Security Baselines and Monitor Drift
- Use Compliance Settings instead of Hardware or Software Inventory
- Set up Discovery and Inventory with the least impact to the network
- Install SRS and edit the canned reports
- Flatten your hierarchy to get faster reporting back from your clients
- Deploy Windows 7 to your workstations
- Manage drivers for your images
- Leverage boundary groups to save you work
It is being authored by Brian Mason and Greg Ramsey. Brian Mason is the president of the Minnesota System Center User Group, a Microsoft Configuration Manager MVP, and manages 350,000 clients for Wells Fargo using SCCM.
Greg Ramsey specializes in systems management for Dell Services, is a Microsoft Configuration Manager MVP, author of 2 previous books on SMS and is cofounder of the Ohio SMS Users Group. These two know their stuff and I am sure have put together an awesome book.
Visit Brian’s blog here:
Visit Greg’s blog here:
Links to more info about the book here: