MMSMOA is back in person for 2022. I am excited to be heading back to present a session and be on some panels!
Here is the MMS website: https://mmsmoa.com
My session will be with my friend and co-author of my latest book John Joyner.
Here are the session details:
Azure Arc: Extending Hyperscale Cloud Management to Your Datacenter
Learn about Microsoft’s Azure Arc service, a new multi-cloud management platform that belongs in every cloud or DevOps estate. The premise of Azure Arc is compelling: why not extend familiar management tools proven in Azure to on-premise and other cloud networks? A practical scenario-based tour will get you up to speed quickly, with instruction and demos that are heavy with hands-on experience. If your organization has resources across the hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and edge environments, then this session is for you. You will learn how to configure and use Azure Arc to uniformly manage workloads across all of these environments.
What you will learn:
- Introduces the basics of hybrid, multi-cloud, and edge computing and how Azure Arc fits into that IT strategy
- Insights into Azure native management tooling for managing on-premises servers and extending to other clouds
- Detail an end-to-end hybrid server monitoring scenario leveraging Azure Monitor and/or Microsoft Sentinel that is seamlessly delivered by Azure Arc
- Define a blueprint to achieve regulatory compliance with industry standards using Azure Arc, delivering Azure Policy from Microsoft Defender for Cloud
Session link to register here: mms2022atmoa.sched.com/event/yDOu/azure-arc-extending-hyperscale-cloud-management-to-your-datacenter
I will also be a part of these panels:
Cloud Adoption Roundtable
Are you thinking about starting the cloud journey, or are you an experienced cloud engineer already? Come join this interactive session where we will talk all things cloud! We will have a round-table discussion about what resources are available, where to find them, and which ones are better than others. Talk with experienced cloud architects about the mistakes they’ve seen and how to avoid them. Come listen to stories, enjoy a few drinks, and have a great time talking about the cloud movement.
What you will learn:
- How to begin your cloud adoption journey
- What resources are available to start your migration process, and how to find them
- Common mistakes/pitfalls
- Q&A with cloud adoption survivors
Cloud AMA – Come ask the Cloud MVPs Anything
This session will be an open format Q&A. Come ask your burning questions in front of a live audience and get real-time feedback from cloud MVP’s and SME’s. No question too hard, no topic off-limits. Wanted to know why something was built the way it was? Want to know how to accomplish something you’ve been working on for months? Have a general question about Azure in general? Come, listen, ask.
Hope to see you at MMS 2022!